Sunday, September 18, 2011

Three Tips I learned from Traveling to WDW

Here are some helpful hits that I wish 
I knew when I traveled to Walt Disney World for the
first time when I was an adult....


1. Disney Dining Reservations...
When I first went to Disney with some friends, we had one person make reservations, which happened at the last moment. There was not a lot of room left and we couldn't just pick anytime which was tough. Second time, reservations were made again at the last moment, getting us the last table of the evening for Character dining! Learned learn...make dinning reservations before you go down to Disney World. Mostly if you want to eat with the Characters, Cinderella's Royal Table can be booked months in advance since it's so popular...plan ahead of where you want to eat. Online it reads "...advanced reservations are strongly recommended. You can make reservations up to 180 days prior to your visit. Book online or call 407-WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463." I really agree with this statement!

2. Times Guide & New Information
When I first started going down to Walt Disney World, I just went to the parks and never gave the Times Guide a thought. I missed out on some of the events and parades and extra hours. When you get down to Disney World, look at the Times Guide that they give you when you get to your resort. It is always good to look over the times of the parks, parades, shows and extra hours! These times are for a whole week. It will give dates on the top. Now when I go down, times the first thing I do when I check into my room. Sit down for a few moments and review the Times Guide!

3.Special Offers
I wish I would have known to look at the special offers before setting up a trip. I remember just picking dates and doing all the trips online at Disney.go.com. There is a section called Special Offers and when we went on our Honeymoon we had checked it and got a great deal. We saved $1400 which if we hadn't seen it, we would have done a different time and spent more on the resort room at Polynesian! 
Right now they have a deal here:
Get a FREE dining plan when you purchase a non-discounted 4-night/5-day Magic Your Way room and ticket package at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels, valid for select arrival dates from October 2011 through March 2012! 
So make sure you check the Special Offers 


Some of my family and friends have gone down to Disney World many times and I asked them to give me advice that they wish they would have gotten when they had first went down to WDW...


"I would suggest if you have children to make sure you know you won't see everything, take a break back at your hotel (stay on property), swim and let the kids nap so that you can go back to the park and enjoy the night."


"My several experiences going to Disney taught me to really enjoy what I get to do and not to worry about what I've missed it makes the vacation much more enjoyable and I have something to look forward to on my next trip........."
"That it is o.k. to just relax and enjoy the park. Sometimes people get caught up in the rat race of seeing all the attractions. Take your time and just enjoy being at Walt Disney World!"

"I wish I would have brought down more money for Disney items. I wanted something at every park, but didn't bring enough down with me. Remember that you will want to bring some of the magic back home with you when you go to Disney! Take extra money just in case."

"I was glad that we took a day in between to just relax at the resort and hang out. It gave us more energy for doing the parks the rest of the week."

From my stepson who wanted to add in his comment :
"Have fun, enjoy yourself, don't get lost and go to Chef Mickey's to eat. It's the best place. Oh and see the Big Tree with animals on it at Animal Kingdom, it's a lot of fun inside. It's like a movie place!"

Hope that this post has been helpful and enjoy your trip down to WDW! Have a Magical Day:)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...