Sunday, November 13, 2011

Magical Moment : A whole week of magical moments at WDW for a family:)


 Trying to pick one Magical Moment from all of my trips to Walt Disney World is no easy task! There are tons of amazing memories that stick out in my mind. Like the time my oldest son Jake was pulled up on stage by Captain Jack right after he had been transformed into “Charles Shorepaddler” at the Pirates League. The time I surprised the boys by taking them on the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Cruise, and didn’t tell them until moments before it was about to happen. The time I had “Mickey’s Grand Welcome” waiting for the boys in our hotel room the first night of our stay at the Wilderness Lodge. Not to mention the first time each of the boys met Mickey himself!


When Ariel asked me to share a Magical Moment with you, I thought of all these times, and I realized that anyone who reads my work probably feels like they are best friends with my boys by now, I have written about them so much! So I decided to share with you, what wasn’t just one Magical Moment in particular, but a whole week full of Magical Moments, on our last trip to Walt Disney World, which was my little princess Maggie’s first trip.

Any hard core Disney fan that has children knows that each of their children’s first trip to The World is a huge milestone, and promises memories that will last a lifetime. I have had endless amounts of fun with my two boys in Walt Disney World, but when I found out that I was expecting a little girl back in May of 2010, one of the first thoughts that crossed my mind was how I was going to be able to experience Disney through the eyes of a little girl. Finally I would be able to relive the days of Fairies and Princesses from my childhood, and not have to focus so much on Pirates for once!

Now Maggie was only 6 months old when I took her on her first WDW adventure back in August. The vacation was still focused on the boys, since Maggie obviously wasn’t old enough to be excited about Minnie Mouse or the Princesses yet, but I found myself thinking more and more about trips in years to come, bringing Maggie to meet whoever her favorite Princess turns out to be, and dining in Cinderella’s castle. Some may say that it is silly to bring a baby that is only half a year old to Disney World, but I will be the first one to say that it is worth it. Maggie’s eyes lit up when she gazed upon Minnie’s big smile, and even though she got carried around in a Baby Bjorn most of the time, I just know that she enjoyed it. I could even swear the she got the Post Disney Blues when she got home just like the rest of us.

It was Magical Moment in itself to bring my little girl to Walt Disney World for the first time, and I can’t wait until a couple years down the road, when she is old enough to tell us her own favorite Magical Moment!

Molly is Wonderful. A mom to two pirates and one little princess. LOVES DISNEY! She is the Kids writer for Disney Driven Life. She is also the resident MOM for the WDWDads...so ask her a question and she will answer it for you on their site! Her own blog is http://www.therealdisneymom.wordpress.com Can also catch her on twitter @realdisneymom



If you have a Magical Moment you would like to share for other Disney fans to enjoy, please send them to:
magical_moments24@hotmail.com
...and you could see your Disney Magical Moment up here in the next few weekends to come:)


2 comments:

  1. We took our son for his first trip at 6 months. I completely understand thinking of all the magical moments to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm already thinking of my future grandchildren's first magical moments and my oldest is only 5!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...