Sunday, December 4, 2011

Around the World at Epcot / WDW

My stepson is ten years old, but he told me he is looking forward to going to Walt Disney World when he is sixteen years old. I was curious why he couldn't wait to be sixteen and go to WDW. He told me that he wanted to go on the Segway. He had been on a Segway as a trail run at Clark's Trading Post in New Hampshire, and now really wants to ride one around the World Showcase at Epcot.
So, I looked into the Around the World at Epcot, for I wanted to learn more about it. I also know I few family members who have done this adventure at WDW. I remember them telling me what a wonderful, fun experience they had going around the Showcase at Epcot in the morning before people got into the park.
You ride on a 2-wheel Segway Personal Transporter and you can do the tour even if you are a beginner. The tour reads that you have to be 16 years old and weigh between 100 to 250 pounds. Now, if you have never been on a Segway before, the do take time showing you how to use one before taking you on 1.3 mile loop around the Showcase. I have been on a few Segways before and they are fun. You have to use your body weight to make the Segway go forward and backwards.
The price for this wonderful enjoyment is $99.00, but if you have a Disney Visa Card you can get 20% off your tickets which is great. I told my stepson that when he gets older that we will do this fun 2 hour tour together. If you have ever been on this tour, I would love to know your experience. If you are interested in taking this tour on your next Disney trip...just call Call (407) WDW-TOUR or (407) 939-8687

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...