Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Disney Transportation Bus at WDW....like and dislike

Taken by my wonderful Stepson:)
Well, most areas throughout Walt Disney World Resort, including Disney Theme Parks, Disney Water Parks, Resort hotels and the Downtown Disney Area, are accessible by bus so you don't have to use your own car! This sounds great, right? Well, it can be a wonderful thing and it can be a pain. I have always used the bus system to get around Walt Disney World. I find it better then using my own gas, plus I have already paid for tickets, resort and plane which adds up the $$$! I want to make sure I have cash fro those awesome Disney items I want to take home with me. 

  • I like the bus system because their is normally one every few minutes that picks you up at the stop you are at and takes you to your new destination in WDW. I think I can only remember a few times when I had to wait more then 20 minutes and that was because we were headed to a place on Disney property that many guests were not so they only had two bus running that way. It took them 30 minutes to get to the place and then 30 minutes back. Most of the time, buses are right behind the other, like in the morning when everyone at the resort are out heading to a park for fun. There will be a bus at that stop every few minutes. The lines will be long getting on the bus, but normally you won't wait to long for the line moves fast. 
  • The dislike of the bus is how PACK it can get! Guest will have to stand when the seats get full. 50% of the bus are sitting while 50% are standing. I mean, I have almost had other guests sitting on top of me because it was so packed. I also feel bad when family with small kids get on and they stand up. I always give up my seat for I don't want little kids standing. Once I was way in the back, this man got on the bus with a little child sleeping on his shoulders and he had to use one arm to hold the "nugget" and one to hold the bar. No one got up and let him sit. The ride was 20 minutes and I just felt so bad. I would have given up mine, but he was way up front and it was loud, no one could hear me over the crowded bus. I wish they had a different system with those buses. It could be dangerous standing with a small one going through Disney property, not everyone is a safe driver on the roads like the cast members driving the bus. 
What are some other "likes" and "dislikes" that others have about the buses at WDW?

5 comments:

  1. We've had a lot of issues with the bus system.. we've waited 20+ minutes several times and one night, it took us an HOUR to get to Caribbean Beach from the Magic Kingdom.. I think the driver got lost or something. Whenever we drive, it's 5 minutes to and from everywhere, so I'm not sure how that's possible..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you on this. It always takes awhile for the buses to get around, sometimes, I think they have to be on a route, even if it's the long way to get to another place on WDW Property!

      Delete
  2. Pop Century in 2009 and All Star Movies in 2011 - no problems with the WDW Transport system at all.

    I think the only thing I would complain about is trying to catch a ride to downtown Disney from Hollywood Studios - took forever - eventually gave up and went back to resort and the rude riders -- one night I had my 4yr old come down with a fever at Magic Kingdom. He fell asleep and I carried him out of the park and waited for the bus. Got on and no one was kind enough to offer me a seat. Stood the entire time from Magic Kingdom to All Star Movies resort holding a 58 lbs kid. My arms were on fire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pop Century is such a wonderful resort and I never had a problem with Transportation there as well. Though I can't believe no one would give up a seat for you when you were holding a child. I think they need to do something about that.

      Delete
  3. I tweeted yesterday about people who don't get off their butt for women and elderly, so rude!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...