Sunday, January 29, 2012

Magical Moment: Feeling Completely Alone at Magic Kingdom


This magical moment is simple and sweet. It took place 3 days after my mother's birthday (discussed in an earlier Magical Moment). It was my 3 year anniversary with my husband. The weather was AWFUL. It was a rain like nothing I had ever experienced before in my life. I was said and pouting because I wanted our anniversary to be perfect. We even wore matching shirts!!
 We had a delightful dinner at Le Cellier in EPCOT, and then hopped the monorail over to the Magic Kingdom just in time for it to start to rain. It was like a stampede of people leaving the Magic Kingdom. We were walking down Main Street, hand in hand, when all of a sudden we realized... we were . Okay, maybe not completely alone, because there were photopass photographers and other cast members around but when I tell you there were no other guests on Main Street, I swear to you, I'm not exaggerating. It was intense. Especially when all of a sudden, just as quickly as the storm came, it stopped. And we were still practically alone.

We took photos in front of Cinderella's Castle without a single other person in the shot. We rode Space Mountain 3 times in a row with no wait. We road Big Thunder Mountain 4 times without even having to get off. We were completely alone while riding the Tea Cups. We did the Jungle Cruise twice without getting off... Now, don't get me wrong, there were other people on the rides, but we actually had the entire train to ourselves on Big Thunder Mountain all 4 times. The boat was ours alone for Jungle Cruise. I got to meet the princesses, without even a five minute wait! OH! We also rode It's A Small World twice without getting off and without having to share the an entire strip of boats. I even took a photo of the empty boats! It was as if we had rented out the Magic Kingdom.

We walked back over to Main Street and enjoyed Wishes, again, by ourselves. WISHES. ON MAIN STREET. BY OURSELVES.

Magical doesn't even begin to describe what an amazing night we had. I don't think we'd ever get to experience anything like that ever again if we went to Disney World every day for the rest of our lives. It was simply amazing. Our very own real life fairy tale.

(I am a Disney blogger (http://ladyinwonderland.blogspot.com) and a travel agent specializing in Disney Destinations. Readers can find me on Facebook at http://facebook.com/mickeysdreamvacationsbykerri and http://facebook.com/ladyinwonderland and twitter: @ladynwonderland)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...